• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Tethering with Canon EOS RP

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't tether my new Canon EOS RP to Lightroom Classic because it doesn't seem to be supported yet. Can this be true? I've been shooting Canon cameras while tethering with Lighroom for like 10 year's now and have never once come accross a camera that just wasn't supported by Lightroom. Can anyone help with this? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First up

Catalina? If so, known problem involving the OS, might get resolved when Apple puts out 10.15.3 (I have that second had, so???)

Link to Adobe document (without solution) : https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/macos-catalina-compatibility.html

Not Adobe emplyees here (nor Apple) so no clue as to when.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Second

What version of Lightroom Classic? The Canon EOS RP should work in v8.21

see: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

As David mentioned, this is a known issue in the Lightroom running on Mac OS Catalina. Our engineers are working with our partners to resolve the issue. We do not have any information to share when an update with the issue resolved will be available. 

Thanks, 

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

Your engineers don't need to be "working with our partners" they just need to sit down and write these profiles! How is it possible that there is full support for Camera Matching Profiles and Tethering in Lightroom Classic for other recent camera models like the Canon 6DmkII or even the Canon R but no support yet for the Canon RP? Are we supposed to believe that the Canon RP has somehow presented some sort of very uniquely complex, unprecedented issues that prevent Adobe from providing full support for the camera?... Even after almost 2 years since the camera was introduced into the market?? Or are we supposed to believe that your "partners" at Canon somehow cooperated fully with Adobe on camera matching profiles and tethering for the Canon 6DmkII and the Canon R but for some crazy reason they won't cooperate fully with Adobe on full Lightroom Classic support for the Canon RP??? Adobe this is just you guys dragging your feet and not caring about your customers!!! This is a disgusting situation and I am becoming very, very disapointed and disenamored with your company over this issue that just should not exist... I just downloaded a trial version of CaptureOne.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash, 
It's been almost 4 months since you replied... any chance you guys managed to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem with my Canon RP.

Please update your software for tethering support soon, I'm paying every month for that!

By the way, Capture One work fine with the RP...

Thanks,

Patrick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"It's been almost 4 months since you replied... any chance you guys managed to fix this?"

If you're referring to the original topic of this thread, tethering the Canon EOS RP, there was a tethering problme with Mac OS 10.15.2 (not Adobe's bug) that was fixed in 10.15.3:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/macos-catalina-compatibility.html

If you're referring to the lack of camera-matching profiles for Canon cameras using the CR3 format, I suggest you add your constructive opinion to this feature request:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/support-for-cr3-camera-color-profiles

and be sure to click Vote and Follow in the upper-right corner. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize their efforts.  Product developers read everything posted in that forum but rarely participate here and won't see your feedback.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i won"t agree with what you wrote re tethering with RP. It simply does not work - Neither on MacOS 10.15.3 nor on win7 and win10. 

moreover there is No Eos RP on the tethering supported cameras in Lightroom on adobe page. 

please do something as this becomes more and more irritating 🙂

best

H

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks johnrellis for your reply. 

I am currently on Mac OS 10.15.4 and it's still not working. I've updated my Lightroom to the 9.2.1 and Camera Raw to 12.2.1 and it still doesn't work. 

Should I create another thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"moreover there is No Eos RP on the tethering supported cameras in Lightroom on adobe page."

I agree that the EOS RP is not yet supported for tethering. When I replied a few days ago I mistook the R for the RP in the supported list of cameras.

"please do something as this becomes more and more irritating"

Adobe product developers don't participate in this forum and won't see your feedback. Please add your constructive opinion to this topic in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bug reports and feature requests:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-when-will-my-camera-be-supported-fo...

Be sure to click Vote and Follow in the upper-right corner. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will consider implementing it and you'll be notified when they do.

While waiting for Adobe to implement tethering, see this post for how to use EOS Utility and LR's File > Auto Watch as an alternative to tethering:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/tethering-support-eos-rp

What's curious about tethering support for the EOS RP is that Adobe provided LR / Camera Raw support for the camera a year ago in LR 8.2.1. It usually takes several subsequent releases for Canons and Nikons to get tethering support, but it's been a year now.  (And if anyone else asks, Canon's EDSDK, which LR uses to connect to Canon cameras, has long provided support for the EOS RP.)

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any estimates on when Canon EOS RP will be treated as a REAL camera and get TETHERING and Camera Profiles working correctly in Lightroom?
May update still does not have it working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe never tells us these things in advance. You will find out when it is announced, and not sooner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Is there any estimates on when Canon EOS RP will be treated as a REAL camera and get TETHERING and Camera Profiles working correctly in Lightroom?"

Re camera-matching profiles, add your constructive opinion to this feature request:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/support-for-cr3-camera-color-profiles

and be sure to click Vote and Follow in the upper-right corner. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will consider implementing the feature and you'll be notified when they do.

Re tethering for Nikon and Canon cameras, usually Lightroom tethering support appears a few releases (e.g. 6 months) after raw support. But raw support came in 8.2.1 a year ago, and the Canon tethering SDK (which LR relies on) definitely supports the camera, so I don't know what the hold-up is. So be sure to add your opintion to this feature request:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-when-will-my-camera-be-supported-fo...

and be sure to click Vote and Follow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to say that no matter what discussion board I go to nothing is happening with this. No update over the last 8 months has made it possible to work with the Canon RP so I went ahead and started a trial of Capture One and then bought it. The RP works perfectly tethered to the program and I am back in business. I wholeheartedly like the software more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you guys tried this lately?  I just upgraded the firmware on my EOS RP to v1.5 and I can tether now with my EOS RP? !   I am running Lightroom Classic v9.4 on Windows10 x64 2004.  Uncleare if this is because of the recent firmware update on the camera or Lightroom did something.  Either way, YAY.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow thanks I just tried on my MacBook Pro and it's now working great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us which OS you're operating on? I have downloaded and installed the firmware update (1.5) and it is still not working on Mojave (10.14.6). Again, my workaround is that I purchased Capture One 20 and the camera works perfectly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS Catalina, v10.15.6 

Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 6.47.57 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely Canon resolved their issue.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can also confirm that the camera is recognized and operational in Lightroom with Firmware 1.5.0 and Catalina 10.15.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess it will appear as supported when the next version of LrC is released.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Working with Big Sur 12.2.1

Lightroom classic 10.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it's working for you.  The Adobe list of cameras supported for tethering still doesn't include the EOS RP, though.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/tethered-camera-support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines