Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom to Photoshop 2021 Export saturation

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone! 

When I export my image from lightroom to Photoshop 2021, the images become much more contrasted and saturated. I've been looking for a solution on different articles and on this forum, but I haven't found the solution for my issue exactly. I'm viewing the same image on PS and LR on the same monitor (HP Z27) , which I calibrated using SpyderX pro just three days ago. The working space RGB is set to ProPhoto and the export to PS from LR preference is also set to ProPhoto. The color management is also set to preserve embedded profiles so I don't see how what I have my color profile set during Develop would matter when exporting to PS. 

Thank you in advance for your time and expertise y'all!

Here are some specs that could be related to the problem:

Macbook Pro 2018 

HP Z27 monitor 

Photoshop 2021 

Lightroom Classic 2021 

Shot with Fuji XT3 

   

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

I can see the color difference when I superimpose and auto-align the two versions as layers in PS:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f29yjr6cpqk28zw/changed-colors.2021.01.27.psd?dl=0 

There's a noticeable difference in the oranges and the pinks, e.g. around the woman.

Are you applying a creative profile in LR before you edit the photo in PS?  Adobe has acknowledged a bug with that, but fortunately there's an easy workaround:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-editing-raw-file-in-ps-from-lr-loses-profile/5f9043b035f40c2520b9e964?commentId=5fb3495d014b4c3c8a0da305

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 8.56.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 8.55.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 8.55.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 2.18.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 8.55.19 AM.png

     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The images look identical to me. In fact when I overlay the display in photoshop and from Lightroom in the last screenshot, they are identical when I switch between them. I can't see any difference. Do note tat you'll always see tiny differences between Lightroom and Photoshop mopstly in fine detail in images owing to the different way that Lightroom scales images and that Photoshop scales. They use different scaling algorithms and that can result in minute differences in appearance. I am not even seeing that here though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also note that Photoshop and lightroom use a different shade of gray behind the images. This tends to fool your brain into believing that there is a difference in contrast and saturation but when you actually overlay the two you see they are exactly the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This makes total sense! You're couldn't be anymore correct. I looked at the images without the gray background and they're identical images. I can't believe I wasted so much energy on this, haha. Thank you so much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see the color difference when I superimpose and auto-align the two versions as layers in PS:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f29yjr6cpqk28zw/changed-colors.2021.01.27.psd?dl=0 

There's a noticeable difference in the oranges and the pinks, e.g. around the woman.

Are you applying a creative profile in LR before you edit the photo in PS?  Adobe has acknowledged a bug with that, but fortunately there's an easy workaround:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-editing-raw-file-in... 

If this is your issue, then please add your constructive opinion to the bug report, and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I am applying a creative/third party color profile before editing the photo on PS. Whew. That's good news. Thank you very much. I'll try the workaround from the link you shared!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah you are right John, I hadn't noticed that (I am slightly colorblind in those color shades) but the sandy area goes from orange to salmony. I see the same in my overlay in Photoshop. The woman's skin tone also shifts and there are some changes in the fountain's rusty-toned areas. The change is almost exclusively in the red channel if you look at the histograms in Photoshop switching between the two. Definitely a difference. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this looks like the custom/third-party camera profile bug. We get a lot of these in the Photoshop forum - although fewer lately, so I assumed it had been fixed by now. But apparently not.

Anyway, there are lots of workarounds in the feedback thread linked to by johnrellis above, as it only happens in a very limited set of conditions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines