Exit

Lightroom to Photoshop Changes Image Contrast

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Hoping someone can help!

Whenever i open an image in Photoshop via Lightroom (e.g. Right click image > Edit in Photoshop) it appears more contrasted. I've tried updating Camera Raw, Lightroom and Photoshop to the latest versions but that didn't fix the issue. I've also checked the colour settings and both Lightroom & Photoshop are set to Prophoto (images attached). I also changed the monitor ICC profile to sRGB.

When i export from lightroom as a Jpeg and then open in Photoshop it seems to be fine.

Is there anything else i can try?

Thanks!

Lightroomsettings.PNGPhotoshopSettings.PNG

Lightroomversion.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you restart Lightroom and Photoshop after setting the monitor profile to sRGB?

Do you still see a difference when comparing 1:1 view in Lightroom with 100% view in Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry i've only just seen this!

Yes, i restarted both Lightroom and Photoshop after resetting the monitor profile. I can still see the difference in contrast when viewed at 1:1 & 100%.

I've since uninstalled photoshop and updated to the recent camera raw version (12.4) but i'm still having the same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First, try disabling GPU in the preferences (Preformance). Any better?
If not, recalibrate and build a new ICC profile, the old one might be corrupted.
If you are using software/hardware for this task, be sure the software is set to build a matrix not LUT profile, Version 2 not Version 4 profile.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines