Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom to Photoshop - profile not exported

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I just got a new laptop and have had trouble editing my photos when using the Ctrl+E command to edit temporarily in Photoshop. The preset applied doesn't get transferred over to Photoshop (it's only THAT set of presets though, my other presets are getting exported just fine). This particular set of presets works with profiles, so I guess it's got something to do with the profile not being exported in order to retain the color.

Photo looks like this (used a drastic preset to show the difference), but when edited in Photoshop it shows the original colors.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

It's a known issue. Unfortunately, we don't have a timeframe for when it will be fixed. A 'potential' workaround is the save the edits to XMP before using 'Edit in Photoshop' (i.e. Ctrl/Cmd+S). This will save the edit settings to an existing XMP sidecar or create a new one.

In meantime, you might wish to add your experience to the thread at: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-editing-raw-file-in-ps-from-lr-loses-profile/5f9043b035f40c2520b9e964

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a known issue. Unfortunately, we don't have a timeframe for when it will be fixed. A 'potential' workaround is the save the edits to XMP before using 'Edit in Photoshop' (i.e. Ctrl/Cmd+S). This will save the edit settings to an existing XMP sidecar or create a new one.

In meantime, you might wish to add your experience to the thread at: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-editing-raw-file-in...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines