New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

core i5
16gb de ram
ssd 240gb

gtx 760ti 
 my lightroom just works too slow. idk what to do anymore. any help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You are missing to tell us important factors, the exact version of LR, the OS, the speed of your CPU, and the gerneration of it.

However, is the GPU acceleration active - https://photographylife.com/gpu-acceleration-in-lightroom?

What exactly is slow and when exactly, when you do what do you see the slowness?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With these few details, nobody can say anything more precise. You must give us more details.

- What operating system do you use?

- Which version of Lightroom do you use?

Please post the exact version and not phrases as "lartest" or "actual".

- How is you Lifghtroom configured? Where is the catalog stored (for ex. SSD) and which size has the catalog?

- In which cases you feel that Lightroom is slow?

Here yopu'll found some informations about Lightroom and performance:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-performance-whats-slow/

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/optimize-performance-lightroom.html#main_Use_optimal_se...

https://photographylife.com/how-to-optimize-lightroom-speed-and-performance

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Build previews at the size you're looking at.  If you look at full-size previews, build 1:1.  If you look at small previews in library loupe mode, build that size Standard previews. 

2) Turn off graphics acceleration.

3) If you have an unused PCI x4 slot you may be able to add an NVME drive which are incrdibly fast and may make things faster overall.

Without more informtion there's nothing else we can say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, more info needed

In Lightroom Classic, click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that in a response. All info from first line down to just past plug-in info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you! adobe suport helps me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you gave us a short info what the support has done. This can be helped other users with similar problems.

Thank you.  

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you! adobe suport helps me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines