Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom tries to update develop presets every time I open it

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I use Lightroom Classic CC 8.2 and I have the problem that on every start of Lightroom I have to wait several minutes because it wants to update all develop presets to .xmp.

I looked into the folder in "user/name/library/application support/adobe/lightroom/develop presets" and all the .lrtemplate files have two tildes (~~) in front of the name.

In the folder "user/name/library/application support/adobe/cameraraw/settings" all presets are saved as .xmp files.

So I thought, it successfully converted the presets to .xmp. But next time I open it, it does the same thing again.

How can I solve this issue because Lightroom is not usable like this?

Thank you very much

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that you have not set Lightroom to store presets with the catalog. If you did, then you are looking in the wrong place to check if all the old presets do indeed have two tildes.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No that's not the case.

I also tried the Terminal command I found in this topic:
"Updating Develop Presets to XMP" every time Lightroom starts

/Users/<yourusername>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Develop Presets"

But if they have the two tildes, than lightroom apparently has the rights to change the files in the folder.

What else could it be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If all the old lrtemplate files have been converted and if you have backed up all the XMP files, then you can delete the old lrtemplate files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. That helped. I deleted the old lrtemplate files and no more updating.

Thank you very much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I looked around a bit and found that I had a develop presets folder in they ~/application support/adobe/lightroom folder.  The converted presets were being stored in a different location, under camera raw, which is the correct location for them in the latest LRC.  Consequently, ever time I opened LR it saw the folder in question and converted them.  After deleting that folder I did not have the updating presets problem any more, and all the presets were existing where they were supposed to be.

I’d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
…Tom Waits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines