• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom update continually requires Catalog upgrade

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi with the recent Lightroom Classic update I am continually being asked to upgrade the catalog.

Many attempts at doing this including using other catalog files and new creating a new catalog files it is still not working properly!!!!

Everytime I open Lightroom the upgrade dialogue box comes up but it is not pointing to the correct catalog file, I search for the correct file it then upgrades and works, when I exit it askes to be backed which I do but then have to go throught the same process everytime.

Ray

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom Classic, change the setting about which catalog to use by default. Edit->Preferences->General

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply no this does not work even after dong this and backing up the catalog it does it to the incorect catalog.

Ray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean "It doesn't Work". Try Hard Coding, Setting the Path, to the new V10 catalog that was created.

2020-11-21 09_11_25-LrC V10 Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.png

If that does't work then you may have a corrupted LrC Preferences file and you need to Reset it.

Reset Lightroom's Preferences? - The Lightroom Queen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you set the option to select the new Lightroom Classic V10 catalog that you want to open?

If that doesn't work, you can create a shortcut to the proper V10 catalog file, place that on your desktop, and then double-click on the shortcut instead of double-clicking on the LrC icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the answer from @Just Shoot Me is probably a better answer than mine; although either might work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot of your /preferences/general/ settings. Like the one Just Shot Me posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sorry for the delay in replying, I have been off line for a while.

Thank you to everyone who has commented.

Here is the screenshot

Ray_Sweeting_0-1606553599148.png

I have changed the When startingup use this catalog: to one of my catalogs but it still does not stick.

Can you advise how to Reset the catalog please/

Ray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try resetting your preferences: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Another possible workaround is to find the converted (Lightroom Classic v10.0) catalog file, make a shortcut of that on your desktop, and then double-click on the shortcut instead of double-clicking on the Lightroom Classic icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Instead of  starting lightroom by double click  on the shortcut icon, use your OS File Manager, navigate to your new catalog (will include -v10 in the file name) double click on the catalog. Does that behave?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines