• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom updated, everything is diferent?

Participant ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

My LR just updated and when I've started it it opens a cleant catalog? I just opnened my catalog but now everythings is diferent, like I have just done a fresh install. Why did this happened?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has opened an empty catalog, or the wrong catalog. Did you move the catalog file outside of Lightroom? What happens if you go to Help->Open Recent and try to open the catalogs shown there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not do anything. LR updated, and after it was done I shut down my PC as I had to go out. When I came back and I opened LR it started a fresh catalog with no reason. I know where mine was saved so I open it. All good, but the view and other things are back to default. For exemple, when viewing a photo it shows the name, date taken, etc, now it does not show anymore...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When updating LrC you've either selected o(r auto update has) an option that resets the prefernece file. Sadly, this is a common occurance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version were you using prior to the update and what version are you using after the update give the actual version number.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines