• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Updates "erasing " Export and Tool Settings?

Contributor ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7-13-2021 Today I noticed Lightroom Classic has just been updated - simple tutorials appeared as I opened my Library and Develop modules.  At the same time, I found that preferences for tools (for example, the invert command for the Radial Filter) had been altered.  After exporting some photos, I could not find them in the usual export location.  The Export Location in the Export dialog box had been altered. - as well as the Quality setting.  I hope Adobe will avoid such "helpful" updates in the future, or at least let us know what settings will be altered.  This post is just FYI to alert others who may have this same export problem. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I do not use the Radial Filter, so no comparison possible in my case.

As to what is new, Lightroom Queen usually has the best article on that:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-in-lightroom-classic-10-3/

As for Adobe, for their articles on the new version, see:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/whats-new.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, launched LrC, went in Develop, selected a Radial Filter. While I do not use that filter, well not much, It does look as before, the Invert box, works just as in the past.

Perhaps a screen shot of your issues would help to describe the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version were you coming from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These settings are sticky and one change I've noticed is that Export as preset now counts towards Export as Previous. Is there a possibility that you've used a preset that altered the settings that have stuck? 

The Radial tool is one I use all the time, and bar the addition of Texture in this update it hasn't changed. The original default for Radial is Invert off, but it's a sticky setting, so depends on your last use. Right now mine has invert on, because that's how I last used it. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines