• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Upload Button Grey

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, when I attempt to upload a file to Lightroom the upload button is disabled or grayed out.

At first, there isn't a problem uploading the pictures.

I go to the Library tab> press import> select the pictures I like> click Upload> then move to the Develop tab.

Once I click on the first picture available a popup appears with the error: 

"Adobe Photoshop Lightroom has stopped working.

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Close program" 

The program closes.  I reopen it, and the folder I previously uploaded is no longer available in the Develop Tab.  I go back to the Library to import the photos again, but the Upload button is then grayed out.

I was able to restart Lightroom once and get around the error, however, I literally just did the aforementioned steps, five times, back-to-back--  and it worked.  Now, it seems to not want to work at all.  Neither on old folders, nor new ones.

Things I have attempted:

• Uninstalling/reinstalling
  • Closing from task manager/ opening from task manager
  • Updating Lightroom
  • moving picture files to different external hard drive
  • Restarting computer
  • Closing all other programs while trying to run Lightroom
  • Opening program from desktop shortcut
  • Opening program from Adobe Suite
  • Opening program from Start menu
  • Cursing at the program
  • Pleading with the program

My CPU is working at 2%

My Memory is at 40%

Lightroom Error 1.JPG

This problem only started happening over the last two weeks, but it is enough to make me go bonkers. There has to be an easy fix that I am overlooking. Please, help, SOS!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't already done so I suggest resetting the Lightroom preference file. Instructions at How to set Lightroom preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed these steps: Set Lightroom Preferences, but it is still not letting me import the pictures. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it may have something to do with it thinking this folder is a duplicate.  I know the folder is not because I can not access it through Lightroom at all.

This is the error: "This photo is a suspected duplicate."

Lightroom Error Duplicate.JPG

I wish there were an, "Import Duplicates Anyway" button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem! even worst I discovered that some of my older folders do not contain all images.

in one of the folders I can only see mov files but no photos, if I try to upload the fotos (that are physically on the hard rive I can not do it for the same reason you described above.

I tried to delete the folder from the library but now it is completely disappeared and not possible to upload it again.

Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found out that I had synchronised the folder for the whole year. there was a transfer folder where some images where left. When I try to synchronise the folder with the same pics in the library I get the suspected duplicate message you have shown. I just removed the mark in the import library to not copy suspected duplicates and now it imports the pics to the folder where they belong.

However i have the duplicates in another folder. I have deleted them on the hard disc, but when I try to synchronise the folder Lightroom crashes always. That must be a bug...

Maybe that helps you, at least you do not need to rename the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines