Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom using lots of CPU during EXPORT

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I have a problem when exporting from lightroom. Lightroom appears to be using all my CPU and I can't do anything else while it's exporting.

I have tried the old graphics card tick box but no good. I have tested exporting in Capture one and it works really well. 

Can anyone recommend a fix, I used to be able to rack up 6-8 export tasks at once now I cant rack up 1 without having issues.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic is supposed to use as much CPU as it needs during export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it slows down the whole computer to do it. I can't do a thing when it is exporting. I can't even export another task.

it slows down my workflow to a halt. I used to be able to edit and get through 20 sessions a night now I can do 3. 

I would prefer to use lightroom for start to finish but Capture one is starting to fill the Gaps that Lightroom is killing me on.

If I could get lightroom to use 50% of CPU that would be awesome. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, this is how Export in Lightroom Classic is designed. There is a link on the main page of this forum that says "Submit Product Feedback", go there and let Adobe know you're not happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exporting is a very heavy CPU task.

One way to help with this is to use your OS tools to lower the priority of LR to "below normal" or the like. This will let other OS tasks and other programs get the CPU cycles they need while still letting LR use all the remaining CPU cycles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines