• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom v. 6

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have version 6 installed on an older computer. It was a download. I chose this version because it did not require a monthly subscription. I am just an amateur and hobbyist. How can I install version 6 on my new computer since I have no disk, etc.?

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  When I use the link it takes me to several articles. The download link seems to be the free stock photos. Another download link seems to be the trial version of LR6. Since I already purchased it, will it still begin charging me a monthly subscription fee? Is there a direct download link for LR6 that allows me to bypass the free stock photos, etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you have completed the download of the Lightroom 6.14 installer you will need to login to your Adobe ID on the internet and have your serial number available to activate the installation, if your serial number is an update you will also need the serial number from the earlier version of Lightroom.

Lightroom 6 is a complete stand-alone application so the other subscription features are not of your concern.

It's likely you will get offers to upgrade just resist the guidance.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lost my job and have been engaged the past few months in a job search, selling a house, putting all items in long-term storage, moving to temporary housing, etc. It has taken me this long to return to the photography task. I am still unsuccessful finding the link to download just the stand-alone Lightroom v 6 that I purchased in 2017 and to install it on my new computer. The provided links take me only to the monthly subscription option. Am I missing something?

I have my serial number and online purchase date to verify it was a legal and legitimate purchase. Suggestions?

I apologize if I am just misunderstanding something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The provided links take me only to the monthly subscription option.

The provided link takes me to the prodesigntools.com site where I can download Lightroom 6.

JohnWaller_0-1634690791686.png

JohnWaller_1-1634690832466.png

In your previous reply on Jun 9, 2021, you indicated that you could see the prodesigntools.com page (screenshots above) but you had queries when you got there.

The download link seems to be the free stock photos. Another download link seems to be the trial version of LR6.

That is the direct download link to LR6.14.

Like all perpetual version direct downloads, the software will install as a trial version. Enter your valid 24 digit serial number and it will license and activate the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link given by Jim WIlde is the only place to get a download.

Did you scroll down and click the download? - (Which IS v6.14!)

Rob_Cullen_0-1634690725836.png

Lr v6.14 can be installed two ways-

1) As Stand-alone using your Serial Number.  Online Activation is required. (You may need an Activation Reset by Adobe Support!)

2) As a Creative Cloud subscription, using the Creative Cloud Desktop App.

When you install from the download you follow prompts for the Stand-alone method with your Serial Number. Do NOT install the Creative Cloud Desktop App.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Jim, Dde, and John, thank you for your patience and persistence. I am indebted to you. I was able to download the v6 during lunch. I will check to see if it updated to the v6.14. I will also go to work to re-install the various settings, presets, etc. (I was able to save those files from the previous computer). Your help to reinstall Lightroom v6 without a monthly subscription fee enables me and my family to access the thousands of pictures and memories from the past 25 years. Again, I am grateful and in your debt for walking me through the process to recover Lr v6. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines