Lightroom (V10) freezes then crashes

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to V10 my new iMac (12 months old) freezes and then crashes my system after 5 minutes or so in the develop module. It has never happened before the upgrade.

I have reset my preferences as suggested elsewhere but the situation still continues.

Whilst I can use LR, I have a limited knowledge of my computer's system and some of the posts I have seen here are a bit of mystery to me. Also I am not sure whether I need to post more information or if anyone from Adobe will look at my post and help me? Indeed I am not sure whether this is the best forum for a problem such as this?

Look forward to hearing from someone as LR is unusable in its current state.

Many thanks.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom (V10) freezes then crashes

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to V10 my new iMac (12 months old) freezes and then crashes my system after 5 minutes or so in the develop module. It has never happened before the upgrade.

I have reset my preferences as suggested elsewhere but the situation still continues.

Whilst I can use LR, I have a limited knowledge of my computer's system and some of the posts I have seen here are a bit of mystery to me. Also I am not sure whether I need to post more information or if anyone from Adobe will look at my post and help me? Indeed I am not sure whether this is the best forum for a problem such as this?

Look forward to hearing from someone as LR is unusable in its current state.

Many thanks.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 03, 2020 1
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your computer is crashing, then you have either a bad/corrupted/out-of-date driver, or hardware malfunction somewhere. First re-install all of your drivers. If that doesn't help then run diagnostics on your hardware.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. SYS INFO

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

GoldingD_0-1604508724996.png

GoldingD_1-1604508724997.png

GoldingD_2-1604508724997.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 RESET PREFERENCES FILE (verify)

As described in:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

correct?

just checking

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3. CATALOG ISSUE?

Create a new catalog. Work with the new catalog for awhile. Does it crash?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4. PLUG-IN ISSUES?

In LrC, bring up Plug-in Manager, inspect the third party Plug-ins fir problems.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 0