Lightroom ver 6 from install CD but running without needing serial number?

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK Guys at Adobe help community; this is my first attempt at using this site; my ques. is simple; I have an online purchased CD in the box (new?) that ive installed on my Win 10 machine and the install went thru WITHOUT asking for the SN(SN number is printed on back of box). I kept waiting for that request to show up but never did; I have used the software and did some imports/edits and even an export with NO problems; is this OK / safe to continue?? I have a ver of LR ver 4 installd on this computer and LR ver 5.7 on my Windows 7 machine that ive used for years with no probs.BUT , should i uninstall the ver 6 and try another install again -or let be??--Joe Taylor

TOPICS
Download and install, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall Lightroom 6 and use the link below to reinstall Lightroom 6 AND the 6.14 update. Scroll down at the below link to Adobe Lightroom 6/CC 2015 Direct Download Links, install it, and then scroll down to Adobe Lightroom 6/CC 2015 Updates and install it. It should prompt you for a serial number.

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-lightroom-6-cc-direct-download-links.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That download will give you the free trial of the LR CC 2015 subscription, which I don't think prompts you for the serial number. See this post for how to "serialize" the free trial:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/update-lightroom-6-0-to-6-14/m-p/10819370#M170107

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr Shaner (and others?) had a feeling this might get more confusing to pursue, BUT , heres the thing; Ive already heard too many horror stories on trying to install/reinstall LR versions_ that would NOT take a valid SN on a Re-install for some reason; which effectivly locks out the user ( as in myself buying the software online) and now finds himself unable to use this purchased product . AS stated, this CD looks NEW, in ORGINAL Adobe box, as a stand alone installation-NOT a 'free trail" ver with a time-limit; still NOT sure why it never asked for a SN during installing, but Im somewhat reluctant to uninstall this ver 6 just for another downloaded ver and update(not sure what the updated 6.14 will give me, but im doubtful it will be much advantage)--been trying to convince myself that i can always UNinstall your online ver and put back my bought software BUT im thinking ill be taking another chance to get this running a 2nd time; IF this(your Adobe install CD) gets screwd on a 2nd install and does not NOW work (even with a SN) Im SOL on the software ive puchased with a fair amount of $ and Ill just have to fall back on my ver 5.7 to use (Assuming I can get another install on my Win 10 machine from LR 5.7 install disc) so.............maybe this is an overly long explaination, but hope you see my dilimma---still trying to convince myself to try your advice but will await your reply-thx-----------Joe Taylor (Char.NC)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Assuming I can get another install on my Win 10 machine from LR 5.7 install disc."

Lightroom 5 can only be installed on Windows 7 Service Pack 1 and Windows 8. You can continue to use LR 6 and wait to see what happens. Then if it prompts you for a serial number go ahead and use it. Or you could try and activate it now using Adobe Chat.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines