• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom very slow after upgrade to Catalina (Nov 2020)

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently (with one year delay) upgraded to Mac OS Catalina only because Adobe forced me to do so in order to be able to upgrade to the latest LR and PS updates.

I was until now on OS High Sierra and both Lr and PS were very responsive and because of that I was hesitant to upgrade my Mac OS.

Since I have upgraded Lr is so super slow. Just going through images even in Library mode is tremendously slow.

Any hints?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been widely reported. Some possible workarounds in this thread: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-mac-user-interface-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cheers mate,

so it is not down to Mac OS but rather Adobe latest v.10 release.

I don't use external monitor so in my case it is surely not down to profiles as I haven't calibrated my MacBook Pro.

@Adobe,

any ETA by when do you expect a fix?

thanks

lukas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Adobe,

any ETA by when do you expect a fix?

We're not Adobe in this forum. And Adobe never releases this information in advance anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know that you personally are not from Adobe but I see that Adobe responds to the questions and that was what I meant by addressing my question to @Adobe.

Thank you anyways

lukas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not about whether you calibrate or not. So, try the sRGB IEC61966-2.1 profile in Display Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines