Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom video playback shot on iPhone

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

I am using Adobe Lightroom Classic CC (currently version 7.3.1) for all my asset management and I noticed than the video playback features of this application are somewhat faulted. Indeed, for years now, I am not able to play slow motion videos shot on an iPhone correctly (playback is choppy) without opening them from the Finder (macOS) in another application. In addition to that, although videos (all types) appear correctly in the library grid view (portrait or landscape), they will invariably playback in landscape mode. This is annoying as well, because opening them from the Finder (macOS) works perfectly fine.

Are those issues normal behaviour from the application, or I am doing something wrong?

Given the fact that I am shovelling money every month to Adobe, I would love to have a working professional grade application. Thank you all very much in advance for our help and time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread contains information about a similar issue: Lightroom Classic: Videos don't play and don't import | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rikk,

Is there a will from Adobe to change that, or should I look for another system to manage my assets?

Thank you in advance for your answer. Best regards,

Isabelle Henne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isabelle,

Video is LR's stepchild, and LR has never provided good support for video, in my opinion. It lacks basic features (e.g. no rotation!), most especially with respect to metadata, which can't be written back to videos or sidecars, so your metadata is locked up in your catalog. And there's been a steady stream of problems with importing, exporting, and playback quality. I long ago gave up playback within LR -- I have a plugin and shortcut key that plays the video in the Mac's QuickTime player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

Thank you so much for your inputs and time. Would you be willing to share which plug-in you are using in order to easy this issue?

Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the Open command of my Any File plugin. The documentation explains how to assign a keyboard shortcut to the command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the Open command of my Any File plugin. The documentation explains how to assign a keyboard shortcut to the command.

Also, the Open command works on any file in your catalog, whether or not it was imported by Any File.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent suggestion! I just noticed QuickTime recognizes slomo edits from the iphone file imported to LightRoom! So using Any File to open video from LR in QT, is an easy solution to preserving iPhone's slomo's without being stuck to Apple Photos!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines