• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom vs. Edge

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On two different computers (both using Windows 10), after downloading and using Lightroom my Edge browser crashes and does not allow me to access the internet. I can't get on the 'net to download Chrome even. What's the problem, and what's the answer?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you post a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bug reports and feature suggestions: 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom .

Be sure to include the first ten lines of the menu command Help > System Info.  Provide all the details, rather than linking back to this thread -- experience shows that Adobe developers tend not follow the links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I normally don't use Edge as a browser but I just opened in on my system and I have no problems with it.

Not only that but IIRC this is the first time I have heard that after installing "?Lightroom?" (Is that LR Cloud version or LR Classic the traditional version) that the MS Edge Briowser crashes.

Is this with LR open or anytime?

When was the last time you restarted you system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic, downloaded from Creative Cloud. It rendered Edge useless. I'm typing this from my wife's computer. While my computer is on, it will disconnect hers from my router, even though on her computer I'm using Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does NOT happen on my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edge fails just while you have Lightroom Classic running?

Or does this also fail  if Lightroom is not running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edge is down. I was a fool for not loading Chrome before I loaded Lightroom, but that's my mistake.

No internet access on the computer at all. Everything else works except for Edge.

I'm about to attempt to contact Adobe tech support. I tried working through the computer manufacturer's tech support, but all I got was a guy trying to sell me antivirus software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have no internet access at all on that computer, then highly doubtful anything from Adobe is the issue.

Why, other than timing. do you think lack internet access on that computer is caused by Adobe?

I doubt lack of internet activity is caused by edge. correction,     /correction/ problem is probably caused by Edge, see next posting.      

So, a Windows PC. close Edge, close Lightroom, close everything. Cold boot the computer, that means turning it off, wait a few minutes, then turn it back on.

If still an issue, see next posting

Down in the taskbar, lower right, a few in from the right, should be an icon indicating internet connectivity. What does it tell you.

Also, do you connect via ethernet (a cable) or WiFi? Is your WiFi on that computer connecting to your WiFi router/access point. whatever?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting, apparently installing Edge can Foul up access? See:

https://windowsreport.com/microsoft-edge-windows-10-crash/

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/microsoft-edge-browser-is-no...

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/common-microsoft-edge-problems-and-how-to-fix-them/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ6Hb7NUBqA

hmm, this person mentions something on internet protocol 6, that might be wrong, or at least not appropriate for most of us.

That is just a few from a simple google search on "microsoft edge no internet access'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is where I get all sheepish and say I found the problem, but I couldn't have found it without some tips from you folks. I was double checking my internet connection when I looked at an unfamiliar icon. It seems I had activated OneDrive, and it was backing up four photos that I had looked at the other night. Four TIF photos of considerable size. OneCloud was eating up so much bandwidth or whatever that there was none left over for anything else.

So I appreciate the help you guys have given, and I apologize for asking you to solve a problem that was so simple. It's kind of like the old days when you called a repairman because your washer wasn't working and all he had to do was close the lid.

So thanks, and I hope to talk to you again under better circumstances.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines