• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom warns that files have different names when relocating Missing Files

Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had previously moved a couple of catalogs and their images onto my NAS in order to temporarily free up some space on my computer. I moved the main folders that contained the catalogs and the images all together. Today, I just needed to access those catalogs again so I moved the folders all back to where they originally were. 

Now when I open the catalogs I get asked to upgrade so I do but then all my images show up as missing. And when I try to relink a file I get the following warning (see images below)

I relocate the file and then when press 'Select' it just gives me the following warningI relocate the file and then when press 'Select' it just gives me the following warningNames are identical, I don't understand what's differentNames are identical, I don't understand what's different

Do you have any ideas as to what is causing this? The file names look identical to me. Thank you.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file name you selected is different from the original file name as you can see in the top screen capture, it says Locate and then a double quote and then a blank (or possibly several blanks)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good catch. I didn't notice that. But the filenames never had spaces in front of them when I lasta worked on the catalog. Any idea what would have caused that across the entire catalog? Like it seems that it's somehow damaged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am stumped, I have no idea how spaces could accidentally get added or removed in normal activity. You'd almost have to be trying to add spaces to get it to happen.

I also don't have a good idea how to globally fix this. I suppose there are utility programs out there that can bulk changed the names of the files to have spaces in front of them, but I wonder if there are some drawbacks to doing this that I can't think of at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same error, except my filenames are entirely indentical - no extra spaces anywhere. The only exception possibly is that they include accents in French. Could it be an encoding issue? All file naming was done via Lightroom, on different computers, one Macbook and one PC. Nothing was changed or renamed outside Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. i just had a long support chat session with an Adobe technician connected to my computer. He could not solve the issue after 1 hour and is going to follow up by email. Same thing as explained here. Files same names , ALR Classic does not recognize them. I can synch or update folder , does not matter. Also when I try to direct the file in LR to the file in the folder I get an error. I have my Database and files in an external DAS (USB3). Only some folders are affected not all of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although it may be the same problem, you would be wise to start a new thread, and explain the problem in detail; instead of attaching your statement to an old thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to an ancient thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same one you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better off posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information, including system information, a complete description of the problem, and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

If the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines