Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Web Gallery Return Button?

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I create a web gallery in Lightroom Classic CC, I don't see if/ how I can add a "return" button to allow the viewer to return to the index page for the galleries.  It seem the only way back to the index or home page is to use the browser back button.  I would think there should be a way to have a return button in each gallery.

thanks and happy new year

dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which layout style are you using, Dan?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the Classic Gallery, clicking on Index above the image will do that; in Track, Square and Grid, clicking on the X in the top right of the single-image page will do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy New Year Laura,

Im using a grid gallery.  Yes, I can click on the "X" to go back to my index of thumbnails.  What I want to be able to do is click back to my list of galleries.  On my website, I have different galleries, like People, Buildings, Beach, etc.   A thumbnail for each of those links the viewer to each separate gallery thumbnail index page.  So if you are in the Beach index page of thumbnails, but want to go back to the home webpage and get to the Buildings gallery, there should be a way to put a back to home button to get back to the list of galleries- the home page.  I could do this by modifying the HTML that Lightroom Web Gallery produces (to add a back button) but that is not very efficient.   Also, is there a way to change the font size for gallery name in LR or do I also need to modify that in HTML?

thanks

dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - Happy New Year to you as well.

You can use the Gallery Author URL in the Site Info panel to link back to your list of galleries. 

In the Web module you can hold down Cmd/Ctl-Opt/Alt-Shift-/ to toggle on and off the appearance of advanced settings - but these don't include font size for these HTML5 galleries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried sharing collections of photos to Lightroom web? These shared galleries give you more formatting options (such as subheaders) and you can link to them as needed. The downside is that since LR isn't creating static JPEGs, you have to be careful not to mess up the collection that you have shared - creating virtual copies for these can sometimes be helpful.  Also an option is Adobe Portfolio, which allows you to build a complete website, at no additional charge with your Creative Cloud subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

Cmd-Opt-Shift- / (forward slash)

Yes, the Classic Gallery does have the Identity Plate. The new HTML5 galleries are more limited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea, Bob, to use an image of a Home button as your identity plate. Cool photos, too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for clarifying Laura,  I missed the /.  Also, thanks for the comment on my pics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Laura+Shoe  wrote

In the Web module you can hold down Cmd/Ctl-Opt/Alt-Shift-/ to toggle on and off the appearance of advanced settings - but these don't include font size for these HTML5 galleries.

Hi Laura,

I must be missing something as I am not seeing advanced setting holding down cmd/opt/shift on my Mac.

BTW, in the classic gallery you can use the Identity Plate for navigation.   I use it on my site.   See the HOME button on all the pages.      http://ajaxmtn.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines