Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Web - Search - Multiple Lightrooms

Engaged ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two questions,

What is seachable when using lightroom web? We've got hundreds of photos with tags, and other meta stuff.

Can this lightroom web be accessed and synched from other computurs using lightroom classic?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not a Google-level search tool, and I wouldn't invest huge effort in it.

But it can be handy at times. What it will do is search for images by using:

1. any metadata synced with the files
  2. AI-added tags

Metadata synced with the files includes stuff like title and caption, and any keywords saved to metadata before the photos were added to sync. Note the stress there - new keywords won't get synced and won't be searchable.

AI-added tags are completely behind the scenes. You can't see them, and you can't change them. But for example, I can search on Red and it'll find images with lots of red, even if I never added the colour as a keyword. It would also find images captioned with Red Bull Race, for example. Search for Dog and you'll probably get a few horses and cats too. It won't find text in photos, so it won't find pictures of posters containing the words Red Bull, and it won't recognise locations such as the Eiffel Tower. It would find pictures of it only using title, caption and any keywords, even though it is one of the most well-known objects in the world.

You can access this search from other computers through the web browser, and save the findings to new collections which will sync back to Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines