Highlighted

Lightroom won’t detect my Canon 1100D

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone! First time user of Lightroom for tethering here! But I have a problem, LR will not detect my camera. I have a Canon 1100D and it says that my camera should work for tethering. 
I'm using a MacBook from 2019 so I only have usb-c ports (ugh!..) so I have to use a dongle. Is that the problem? 
I only have usb-b-mini port and mini HDMI from my camera so I can't find any of those cables to usb-c where I live, but I t should work anyways right? 

Anybody have any tips? 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom won’t detect my Canon 1100D

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone! First time user of Lightroom for tethering here! But I have a problem, LR will not detect my camera. I have a Canon 1100D and it says that my camera should work for tethering. 
I'm using a MacBook from 2019 so I only have usb-c ports (ugh!..) so I have to use a dongle. Is that the problem? 
I only have usb-b-mini port and mini HDMI from my camera so I can't find any of those cables to usb-c where I live, but I t should work anyways right? 

Anybody have any tips? 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 02, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the trouble with Lightroom while trying to use your camera for tethered capture. Would you mind sharing the version of Lightroom you are using along with your computers operating system? Are you able to access the camera to transfer images using the finder when you connect it to the Mac using the cables you have?

You can try the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-tethered-capture-lightroom.html

Please let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have Lightroom classic 9.2.1 and OS Mojave 10.14.6. I have been using the usb-b-mini outport with a usb-b-mini -  usb cable, into a usb - usb-c dongle and in to my computer. I can not transfer any images this way. I have tried with only the usb-b mini - usb cable and into my old mac pro (2015 model) and have no trouble then. I also tried 2 different dongles to make sure that their were no issue there. 
I tried those steps, nothing worked unfortunatly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 02, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read your cameras nanual and look for limitations on USB cables. What will work, what will not work.

If your USB cable is for power only, that will not work.

Also, look for any limits on USB cable lenghts.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 02, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for Lightroom Classic, tethering has been an issue. Nasty issue with Nikon and Canon, very very nasty issues with anything else.

Very important for other members to provide assistance: Exactly what version of Lightroom Classic do you have? v9.2.1?

Very important, what exact version is your OS?

Best way to answer the two inquiry's above is to click on Help (in Lightroom Classic) then System Info, then Copy. Paste that info in a reply. Include all info from first line down to AND INCLUDING plug-in info.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 02, 2020 0
GoldingD LATEST
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Canon 1100D, I assume that is  the European market model number? 

ahh: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_EOS_1100D

so  Canon EOS Kiss X50 in Japan and the EOS Rebel T3 in the Americas.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 02, 2020 0