• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom won't let me export my photos

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom isn't letting me export my photos. The option to select "export" is gray as opposed to the normal black font so I can't even select the option. Please help me!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

This means that you have either moved, renamed or deleted the file outside Lightroom, or it resides on an external disk which is not currently connected, so that Lightroom cannot find the file. To fix the problem, see this article:

Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

You may also find this article helpful: http://perberntsen.com/misc/technical/lightoom.php

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you actually selected any images. If no images are selected that is what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you actually selected any images. If no images are selected that is what happens.

Doesn't work that way for me. With no image selected, Export is not grayed out, and clicking it brings up the export dialog, saying "Export 28 files", so LR interprets this as all files selected, Must be a bug.

chillkickness - the text is always gray on the Export button, have you tried clicking it? Does File > Export work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click export it says the file is offline or missing. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chillkickness  wrote

When I click export it says the file is offline or missing. Any ideas?

Then that is a different problem than the button being grayed out.

Where exactly are you storing your images? Is it on an external drive and if so is that drive connected and does it show up in the File Manager program for the OS installed on your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Just Shoot ME,

Did you find an answer for this, I am having the same problem. TY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This means that you have either moved, renamed or deleted the file outside Lightroom, or it resides on an external disk which is not currently connected, so that Lightroom cannot find the file. To fix the problem, see this article:

Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

You may also find this article helpful: http://perberntsen.com/misc/technical/lightoom.php

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not think that is the case, I am having the same problem, and I did not move, rename or dele and I tried the find missing, and nothing happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may think you didn't move rename or delete the photos, but Lightroom Classic thinks you (or some third party software ) did. So you need to find out why Lightroom Classic thinks this is the case. You need to determine, for at least one such photo, what exact folder and file name Lightroom Classic is looking for, and then you need to find that same photo file using your operating system. I am willing to bet Lightroom Classic and your operating system don't match.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DJ, Thanks so much for your quick response, oh, yes just ended up upgrading to Mojave as a way to troubleshooting another problem, ended up not needing to do this, and my LRC is now 9.4.

Now, what the heck am I to do? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10.14.6 Mojave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not clear to me what upgrading your operating system has to do with the problem. Nevertheless, I suggested a course of action, that's what I think you should do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, ok I will try this

So you need to find out why Lightroom Classic thinks this is the case. You need to determine, for at least one such photo, what exact folder and file name Lightroom Classic is looking for, and then you need to find that same photo file using your operating system. I am willing to bet Lightroom Classic and your operating system don't match.

I am away from my hard drive at the moment, after this, then what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"yes just ended up upgrading to Mojave"

Mac OS upgrades seem to have a bad habit of messing with file system permissions.

Make sure you have READ and WRITE access to the drive, the folder the LrCat file is in, and the parent of that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per you are correct. Sorry to the OP for my misunderstanding of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite arrogant responses without actually helping @justshootme

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got through editing these photos and it is not exporting them I don't understand what is causing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give us some clues to work with!

Please include the following in your question:
Adobe product and Version number.
A Screenshot of the info panel from MENU: Help/System Info...
Operating system and Version number
The full text of any Error Message(s)
What you were doing when the problem occurred
Screenshots of the problem.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  Updated all my Adobe apps a few days ago, but now LRC won't complete the export of my NEF/RAW files.  When attempting an export in .jpg format, all appears to work fine, the progress bar shows exporting 18 files.  But at the end where it should be pushing everything to the Lightroom Edits folder it throws up an error message.  However, it seems to export just fine if I choose .png file format. 

All of my photography work is on an external NAS drive with a mapped network drive for access to those files. I upload from the camera card to the NAS, then Import into LRC from that same folder on the NAS.  Once Editing is done, I Export back to that same folder into the Lightroom Edits folder that LRC sets up.  I've used this NAS drive as my working/backup drive for 3 years w/o any problems in LRC until now.

That said, I attempted to Export to the Desktop, but got the same result.  Also attempted to Export straight to the C: drive, same result.  So I believe I've ruled out any network issue.  I've also double checked for read/write attributes on the NAS.  I can still access, copy, paste, add and/or remove anything on that drive, so that also appears to be a non-issue.

The only work around I can find is to continue to Export as .png but then I have additional work to do to convert them to .jpgs. I really would prefer to NOT have extra work to do.

I've attached screenshots of the error message and OS information.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Twila

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my problem was that last field asking what to do with the files - had go to another application selected accidentally. turned it back to show in explorer. fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that too, with no fix.  HOWEVER, the most recent update to LRC seems to have fixed the problem.  Everything is working great now!  Thank you for your reply Xina.  I guess I should update my own query.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure what caused my issues previously, but the most recent LRC update seems to have fixed it all!  LRC ver. 12.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines