• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom won't read updated xmp files "metadata from file"

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue where I send my photos in a dng format to outsource for editing. When they send me the xmp files back, I drop them in the folder with my raw images. Normally, this always works, but now I try to read the "metadata from file" and it will only update that one image and not all of them. I have all the files selected that I want to update.

I've tried restarting my computer, closing out the program and starting it back up but nothing happens. This issue started happening roughly two updates ago, any ideas?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure the menu item Metadata->Show Metadata for Target Photo Only is UNchecked. Also, make sure you have selected all the photos desired to update in the Grid and not the filmstrip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked like a charm, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines