• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom won’t show in my Creative Cloud Apps

Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR is working fine, but because it won’t show up in my Creative Cloud app (looks like I still have to install LR) I can’t update it and it won’t sync with mobile.
How to get LR to show in my Creative Cloud?
Do I just have to install LR from my Creative Cloud Suite, e
ven though I already have a working LR on my PC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

It's your choice, but as far as I can see you're going to have to uninstall Lightroom and then install from the Creative Cloud application manager if you want to get everything in sync. Your other choice is to continue to download the updates and install them manually. If you choose to uninstall Lightroom and then reinstall, that will have no impact on any of the work you have already done because the catalog you have been using will remain in place as well all of the images that you have import

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You aren't being very clear. What version of Lightroom are you using on your computer? Have you subscribed to the Creative Cloud? Have you installed Lightroom CC? If you are using an older version of Lightroom, i.e. Lightroom 5, then you would definitely benefit from installing Lightroom CC. Please explain your situation more fully so that we can advise properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,
I have subscribed to the Creative Cloud, use it for a few years now. Currently I use Lightroom CC 2015.9 and Photoshop 2017 and Camera Raw CC.  Only in my Creative Cloud apps it says Lightroom has not yet been installed. (but it is, for almost 2 years!) That's why I can't update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Lightroom CC 2015.9 then you are getting the updates from somewhere because that version isn't two years old. It is, however, a little confusing because the current version is CC 2015.12. Does the Creative Cloud application manager actually indicate that Lightroom is not installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

That’s richt,.. I did a manual update some time ago. Don’t remember how I did it just that it was a lot of hassle. And Yes, Creative Cloud application manager actually indicate that LR is not installed, that’s the problem I’m trying to get solved!
I do not want to update manual every time and I need LR to be installed in my CC to be able to update and use all CC functions.
Preferably without having to remove everything and re-install it completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's your choice, but as far as I can see you're going to have to uninstall Lightroom and then install from the Creative Cloud application manager if you want to get everything in sync. Your other choice is to continue to download the updates and install them manually. If you choose to uninstall Lightroom and then reinstall, that will have no impact on any of the work you have already done because the catalog you have been using will remain in place as well all of the images that you have imported. I find it strange that you have the CC version running and yet the Creative Cloud manager indicates that it isn't installed. That just doesn't seem right. If you want to download and install the latest update manually, here is the link where you can get the latest update. You have to click on the Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 link on that webpage. The one update will take care of Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, isn’t it strange!

So if I choose to reinstall… LR will not make a new catalog?
Can you tell me a bit about what is the best way to reinstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Lightroom will not create a new catalog because it will find the existing catalog and other related files that have already been created. After the reinstall you will be able to pick up right where you left off. Lightroom will open the same catalog just as it always has and it will be business as usual.

If you are using Windows then you will need to use the control panel and go to programs and features and locate Lightroom and choose to uninstall it. Once that process has completed you can install from the Creative Cloud application manager. That installation will probably install Lightroom CC 2015.0. Then it will be necessary for you to install the latest update which is 2015.12.

I am not a Mac user. I don't know the Mac operating system and all. I think I know what needs to be done, but I wouldn't want to give you any bad information. Don't hold me to this, but I "believe" that all you have to do is drag the Lightroom application to the trash. And then follow the reinstallation process I described above.

Just a word of caution. Sometimes these re-installations and even updates do not go smoothly. You will get notices that updates fail or that updates not apply, etc. and you will be on the verge of a heart attack. There is a solution. There is a utility called Ccleaner that you can run that will straighten out one ever has been messed up with your Creative Cloud application manager. Something is wrong that is preventing you from updating Lightroom. And this utility will straighten things out. But it will take a little time. Here is the link to the webpage with all the instructions on how to use it and where you can download the utility.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the advice from JimHess is spot-on.

One small clarification (especially for Windows noobies):

Adobe has the tool to clean/remove all Creative Cloud installations when needed to correct problems.

That is the software at- Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Not to be confused with the Adobe program is "CCleaner" (for Windows PCs)

This is a freeware program for PC Optimization that allows you to 'clean' lots from your computer, including the registry. (Take care!!)  CCleaner - The world's most popular PC cleaner & optimization tool - Piriform

Note: This is not the tool to correct Creative Cloud problems! but it can open the Windows "un-install" dialog.

On the OPs topic-

I have a similar problem-  (on my desktop only)  The [Open] button for Lr in the CC Desktop App has never 'opened' Lightroom, it does nothing! I have updated the Desktop App several times, I update from the CC Desktop App, I have the latest CC2015.12. I have always had to create my own desktop, start menu or task-bar shortcut icon to be able to open Lr.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jim,

Didn’t know the answer to my problem was so easy 🙂
I thought by uninstalling LR it would also delete the catalog. So I have learned something new today 🙂

I did the uninstall and the reinstall and it solved my problem. Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines