• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Won't stay where I put it

Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until Big Sur, Lightroom Classic was happy to live on the second monitor I've added to my MacBook Pro where I did all my Lightroom stuff. But now, at random moments, usually when it's in the background and I'm working on something else, the Lightroom window takes it upon itself to move to my main window. And once it's there, the only way to get it back to where I want it (that I've been able to find) is to quit Lightroom and start it again using the Dock on the second monitor.

This morning, I added a third monitor in the form of a sidecar iPad. Before I had finished moving the Finder window to it that I wanted to have visible while I work in Numbers and Lightroom on the other two monitors, Lightroom just couldn't resist flipping over to the iPad.

Is there a setting somewhere that allows me to pin Lightroom to where I want it? Why would it take it into its own head to move elsewhere anyway? Am I alone in having this problem?

And, why won't the Window/Move to ... do anything? It doesn't matter which monitor Lightroom is on, it just sits there and ignores my pleas to move to a different monitor (which is why quitting and restarting is the only way I've found to recover from these strange happenings.

Any help appreciated,

Thanks,

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just noticed a correlation for the first time. The precise moment when Lightroom just changed from the second monitor back to the MacBook Pro screen was when I activated the Dock on that screen. Sadly, operating the Dock on the second monitor doesn't cause Lightroom to jump back there.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I gather that I'm the only person suffering from this plague? Since I added an iPad as a sidecar, it's gotten worse. Any window action in any app when Lightroom is open causes Lightroom to change its location, and it ignores it's own menu commands when I try to move it back to where I want it. I am forced to quit Lightroom and then relaunch it using the copy of the dock on the monitor on which I want it to appear. I've already had to do this four times this morning in the space of the last 15 minutes. It is making working with Lightroom a total misery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Aha! (Kind of) When Lightroom decides to move to the iPad in sidecar mode, as it just did, the Move Back to Mac command not only worked but it also sent Lightroom back to the second monitor where I want it. BUT: it arrived in a window sized to fit the iPad and wouldn't allow me to change the size of the window. So, for the 7th time already this morning, I've quit and restared Lightroom.

What happened to cause Lightroom to move to the sidecar? I did this:

Lightroom was happily doing its thing on the second monitor where it is supposed to live so I can use Blocs on the built-in screen of my MacBook Pro to work on my web site and the side car for the Finder and BBEdit.

1. I selected four photos and exported them to a folder that I created during the export process.
  2. When the export was complete, that Finder window opened on the sidecar. Lightroom stayed where it was.
  3. Then, I selected one of the same photos and exported it again the same folder. I chose the option to use unique names.
  4. When that file popped up in the Finder window, I decided to edit its name to reflect the width of the jpeg image.

The moment I clicked in the Finder window, the Finder came to the front on the sidecar monitor and Lightroom moved itself behind that window on the sidecar. In the vernacular: WTF???

I rather have the impression I'm talking to myself here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines