Lightroom Won't stay where I put it

Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until Big Sur, Lightroom Classic was happy to live on the second monitor I've added to my MacBook Pro where I did all my Lightroom stuff. But now, at random moments, usually when it's in the background and I'm working on something else, the Lightroom window takes it upon itself to move to my main window. And once it's there, the only way to get it back to where I want it (that I've been able to find) is to quit Lightroom and start it again using the Dock on the second monitor.

This morning, I added a third monitor in the form of a sidecar iPad. Before I had finished moving the Finder window to it that I wanted to have visible while I work in Numbers and Lightroom on the other two monitors, Lightroom just couldn't resist flipping over to the iPad.

Is there a setting somewhere that allows me to pin Lightroom to where I want it? Why would it take it into its own head to move elsewhere anyway? Am I alone in having this problem?

And, why won't the Window/Move to ... do anything? It doesn't matter which monitor Lightroom is on, it just sits there and ignores my pleas to move to a different monitor (which is why quitting and restarting is the only way I've found to recover from these strange happenings.

Any help appreciated,

Thanks,

Dave

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Won't stay where I put it

Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until Big Sur, Lightroom Classic was happy to live on the second monitor I've added to my MacBook Pro where I did all my Lightroom stuff. But now, at random moments, usually when it's in the background and I'm working on something else, the Lightroom window takes it upon itself to move to my main window. And once it's there, the only way to get it back to where I want it (that I've been able to find) is to quit Lightroom and start it again using the Dock on the second monitor.

This morning, I added a third monitor in the form of a sidecar iPad. Before I had finished moving the Finder window to it that I wanted to have visible while I work in Numbers and Lightroom on the other two monitors, Lightroom just couldn't resist flipping over to the iPad.

Is there a setting somewhere that allows me to pin Lightroom to where I want it? Why would it take it into its own head to move elsewhere anyway? Am I alone in having this problem?

And, why won't the Window/Move to ... do anything? It doesn't matter which monitor Lightroom is on, it just sits there and ignores my pleas to move to a different monitor (which is why quitting and restarting is the only way I've found to recover from these strange happenings.

Any help appreciated,

Thanks,

Dave

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 01, 2021 0
Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just noticed a correlation for the first time. The precise moment when Lightroom just changed from the second monitor back to the MacBook Pro screen was when I activated the Dock on that screen. Sadly, operating the Dock on the second monitor doesn't cause Lightroom to jump back there.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 01, 2021 0