Highlighted

Lightroom wont import photos

New Here ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble importing photos to my lightroom. I am able to pick  which photos i want to import and what album i would like them in but once it starts import it acts like its importing and never moves or imports the photos. this problem came all of a sudden. never had problems until last night. talked to adobe support last night and he said it was a poor internet connection. tried several different wifi's and still nothing. ive deleted lightroom off my compter and redownloaded several times. restarted my computer. nothing is working. i am a photographer so i really need to be able to import my photos to begin edititing. usually i can import over 200 pictures in less than 2 minutes so im not sure what is going on.

thanks.

TOPICS
Import and export, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom wont import photos

New Here ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble importing photos to my lightroom. I am able to pick  which photos i want to import and what album i would like them in but once it starts import it acts like its importing and never moves or imports the photos. this problem came all of a sudden. never had problems until last night. talked to adobe support last night and he said it was a poor internet connection. tried several different wifi's and still nothing. ive deleted lightroom off my compter and redownloaded several times. restarted my computer. nothing is working. i am a photographer so i really need to be able to import my photos to begin edititing. usually i can import over 200 pictures in less than 2 minutes so im not sure what is going on.

thanks.

TOPICS
Import and export, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 20, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, is this a Lightroom Classic problem? Or a Lightroom ( the cloud based software) problem?

What version number of Lightroom or Lightroom Classic do you have installed? We need the version NUMBER and not words like "latest" or "up-to-date".

What version number of your operating system are you running? We need the version NUMBER and not words like "latest" or "up-to-date".

Where are the photos you want to import? Are they on a camera card? On a disk? Internal or external disk? Card-reader or direct cable to the camera? In your cell phone or tablet? What camera?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Welcome to the Lightroom Classic user to user forum, the responses you will get here are from other users like yourself.

To give an appropriate response to your problem we need some info as dj-paige has indicated.

Screenshot 2020-05-02 at 9.23.11 AM copy.png

With respect to error messages, if you are not seeing any please go to the Lightroom preferences> General tab click the button "Reset all warning dialogs". If that inadvertently got turned off Lightroom may be waiting for a response to proceed. Just a thought.

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.7: LrC 9.4, Lr 3.4.2, Ps 21.2.4, Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 20, 2020 0