• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom wont recognize my my saved imports in new computer

Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've upgraded my windows 10 computer and added my exesting hard drive with all my lightroom  imported images saved to it and the new computer will not reconize any of my orignal (raw) images with in the computer as well as in lightroom. I also copyed my existing catalog over from old computer to new one.   I  switched back to  my slower computer to see if anything went wrong and all is fine. does anyone know what the issue is?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does "the new computer will not reconize any of my orignal (raw) images with in the computer as well as in lightroom" mean? Can you describe this in a lot more detail? Can you show us screen captures? How would the computer "recognize" photos anyway? Do you mean that Lightroom Classic doesn't "recognize" the photos? What do you mean by "recognize"?

Did you follow these instructions? https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes i copied my existing catalog to the new computer and removed entire  secondary driver from old computer and placed it in new computer after having this issue i returned the drive into old computer and everything is fine with my images  in the old computer.

wht it tells me i dont have premissions to do anything with the my orignal (raw) images on new computer. 

I didnt know about this link ill try that and see what happens thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"wht it tells me i dont have premissions to do anything with the my orignal (raw) images on new computer."

You may need to change the permissions on the new computer of the folder(s) that contains your photos so that you now have write permission to these folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lr2.jpgllr1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is what its showing me i can have access with any  of my images that i didnt upload  threw light room and edit threw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without having access to your drives, two probably options here:

- Using Windows File Explorer, change the access rights for "everyone" to READ and WRITE for the top-most folder of your images and all the subfolders and files.

- Using Windows File Explorer, change the owner of the top-most folder of your images and its subfolders and files to be your new account on the new computer (properties, security, advanced). OldComputer/JimJ and NewComputer/JimJ are two very different user accounts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That odd looking user name means that the user does not exist, click on Advanced, you are going to need to change the owner (for folder and files, and all childs)

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/take-ownership-folder-windows-10-using-file-explorer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you copy over your original LrC catalog file?

The hard drive you added does that actually have the image files on it?

Please note that there are NO image files In the LrC Catalog file. The catalog file is just a Database file where a Record, a Reference, is place as to where the actual, REAL, image files are stored (on what drive and in what folder).

Need more info and show us a screen shot of what you are seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im going to try this link out first and see if it corrects the issue im having crosses fingers... Thank you for reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link to the Lr Queen is very good.

But simply you have to Copy over both your catalog file and "ALL" your images to the new computer and or to a new external or internal drive.

Copying one or the other is no good. Also because the LrC catalog is just a database file the images need to be on a drive that has the same Drive Letter, Windows, or Drive Name, Mac, as it had on the old computer. Doesn't matter if it is the same external or internal drive you moved over. It needs the same Name or Letter as it had on the older computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this situation all the time with students and others I help.

Please listen to Just shoot me: " the LrC catalog is just a database file the images need to be on a drive that has the same Drive Letter, Windows, or Drive Name, Mac, as it had on the old computer."  And that drive has to be connected to the new computer !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I want to thank everyone for there assistance .. I corrected my issue by buying another hard drive and copying everything over to  the new drive  then installing it on new computer and it seems to have working fine for me.. again thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines