• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Zoom Issue While Using Spot Heal

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been dealing with an issue for a few weeks now and it is seriously inhibiting my ablity to edit. Specifically while I am trying to use the spot heal tool for spot corrections on portraits. While I have the tool open I will hold the space bar and click to zoom out of one area and then click in a totally different area I need to view in order to quickly zoom into that new spot. The problem I am running into is that after a short amount of time, when I attempt this, it will only zoom back to the exact spot I was just at no matter where I click on the image. I have done extensive testing with the GPU settings, such as disabling them totally or partially enabling them. I also tried reverting to older GPU drivers. I have also gone as far as totally re-installing my OS which of course had me re-install Lightroom afterwards. So I am actually on a fresh install of Lightroom. Nothing has worked. There is a quick temporary fix which is to minimize lightroom and then open it back up, but the issue will occur again, often times still on the same photo. This also occured on my old GPU as I recently switched from a EVGA 2080 FTW3 Ultra to an EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra. As recently as a month ago this was not an issue at all. Before this issue cropped up, with my exact same lightroom settings, I have been able to edit an extremely wide range of photos with no issues and at quite a fast pace with my computer having no issues keeping up. I state this as the behavior seems to act like it is inhibited by sytem performance, however I have viewed system performance as well and found no issues whatsoever.

I am curious if someone else is experiencing this same issue?

I am also now fairly certin that this is a lightroom bug, but am willing to try other things as well?

Finally my system specs are as follows:

Windows 10 Pro

-Asus X470 Pro Motherboard

-32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MgHz RAM

-EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra (running studio drivers)

-M.2 nvme 250GB SSD as my main system drive. Full photos are stored externally but previews are stored locally on the computer itself.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you'd be best to report this on the Lightroom Classic Feedback forum as there is more chnace of somebody from Adobe QE seeing it https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-desktop-cloudbased/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40874

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank youi!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

Please_Post_Your_Sys_Info_as_LrC_reports_it.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this your posting aat the feedback site?

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-zoom-issue-while-using-spot...

You may want to add your sys info to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines