Highlighted

lightroom

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I recover already edited images that were erroneously deleted from Lightroom Classic catalogue?

Topics

Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

lightroom

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I recover already edited images that were erroneously deleted from Lightroom Classic catalogue?

Topics

Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a recent catalog backup that you can restore that includes those images, that is a possibility. If not, then the only other alternative would be to import the images again and edit them all over again. The problem with restoring a backup is that you could lose other editing that has been done in the working catalog since the backup. Something you will have to consider.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going forward, if you set the option Catalog Settings > Metadata > Automatically Write Changes Into XMP, then you can reimport accidentally deleted pics without losing your edits.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You restore the original photos from your seperate backup of your photos

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnaks guys for thewonderful feedbacks, unfortunately, the import function is grayed out and I cannot reimport the raw images; and yes, I changed folder's name and the sofware still detects the meta data and import them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correction to the last line of comments (I changed folder's name and the sofware still detects the meta data and import them), it should have read: I changed folder's name and the sofware still detects the meta data and wouldn't import them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"import function is grayed out"

Do you mean that the thumbnails in the Import window are greyed out? That means that LR thinks the photos are still in your catalog.  

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines