• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been an adobe photoshop user since 1996. It has contiued to get better and better over the years and I love it.

I have been a lightroom user for some 5-6 years maybe longer. I have not one good thing to say about it. I do not understand why each action gets a different reaction every time I use it. It is the single most inconsistent piece of software I have every used and I would be fine to never open it again.

Seth Dixon, CPP, ACA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Seth, 

This is a users group, we all use the app. Very occasionally an Adobe staff member might pop by. If you have specific issues, the best thing is to detail them individually in posts, and we in the group will try to help you. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that is your experience then that would be frustrating for you Seth.

If you feel able, can you share one of your actions/issues that has a different reaction with every use as you mention above?

You might be surprised at the depth of knowledge and experience on this forum that might be able to shed some light on a solution for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't want to use Lightroom, then don't. I know quite a few people who do not use Lightroom and they are all fine.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since you say you have been a Lr (Lightroom) user for 5-6 years, and postiing in the LrC forum, I take it you ARE talking about Lightroom Classic (LrC) and not the Cloud base version called just Lightroom.

As some others have said you do NOT have to use LrC for anything. You can Uninstall it and continue to use just Photoshop, Adobe Camera RAW and Bridge for all your photography file editing, RAW DNG TIF PSD JPG PNG, and hard drive storage management tasks.

You really haven't asked a question so I take this post to be some kind of controlled RANT.

Without examples and screen shots of what you "Don't Understand Why Each Action Gets a Different Reaction" it would be extremely hard to help you figure out what is actually going on in LrC on your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines