Highlighted

Lightroomcannot write to directories

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

every time when I start up LR, I get the error message in attachment.

I can continue when clicking OK, but I want to know if there is a structural problem.

When I click "Show in Explorer" the error message refers to the USERS folder ("Gebruikers" in Dutch)

Anyone has an idea what could be the problem and if there is any risk to lose something?

Thanks

ErikSchermafdruk 2020-07-28 19.51.39.pngSchermafdruk 2020-07-28 19.51.46.png

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroomcannot write to directories

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

every time when I start up LR, I get the error message in attachment.

I can continue when clicking OK, but I want to know if there is a structural problem.

When I click "Show in Explorer" the error message refers to the USERS folder ("Gebruikers" in Dutch)

Anyone has an idea what could be the problem and if there is any risk to lose something?

Thanks

ErikSchermafdruk 2020-07-28 19.51.39.pngSchermafdruk 2020-07-28 19.51.46.png

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 31, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something in Lightroom Classic is trying to write to C:\users (although it's not clear what), and you shouldn't be writing to that folder. You need to re-direct Lightroom Classic to use C:\users\<yourname>. It's not clear if the folders that contain your photos are in C:\Users or C:\users\<yourname> or elsewhere; they should not be in C:\Users. In Preferences and catalog settings, you should make sure that Lightroom Classic is not trying to use C:\users, but rather c:\users\<yourname>

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2020 1
GoldingD LATEST
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Log on to your computer as Administrator, use your file browser to navigate to the catalog, double click on the catalog to launch it. See if LrC behaves. Check for anything syncing.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2020 0