• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lights Out Mode Dimming Second Monitor instead of Primary Monitor - macOS Catalina

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys!  Just ran in to an issue that is sort of annoying after connecting my 2019 macbook pro to my 4k samsung tv via hdmi.  I'm using the tv as a second monitor really just to watch videos and stuff like that while I work in lightroom and photoshop on my macbook pro screen.  I'm on the latest version of Catalina Mac OS and all adobe apps are updated.  On lightroom classic when I press L for lights out, a function I use all the time, when connected to the tv it dims and blacks out the tv with my first and second click, but doesn't dim down my macbook screen where I'm actually working with lightroom.  I don't even have any lightroom windows opened up on the TV/secondary monitor.  If I unplug the tv and use just the macbook screen then the lights out function continues to work as it should.  If restarted everything and played with all settings. Any help?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Could you please check this converation thread and let su know if it helps? https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/lights-out-dim-with-second-monitor.10440/

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sahil,

I've seen that conversation come up in my search to figure this out and that still doesn't help.  Even with the latest update I just got yesterday which adds the feature to specify which monitor is secondary I still have the same issue with lights out mode.  Let me explain my issue again as it seems there really should be an update/fix for this already.  I would suggest a setting in lightroom preferences under the interface panel where we can select which monitors lights out mode affects.

Currently my main working monitor is my 2019 macbook pro and my second monitor is my big one attached with hdmi where I simply just like to have a grid view.  When I'm working on lightroom on my macbook screen with monitor attached I'll hit L for lights out mode and it dims, then completely turns black with a second press my secondary big monitor.  I want lights out mode to effect my primary monitor I'm working on (macbook pro screen) even when there is a secondary monitor attached.  I still haven't figured this out and its pretty annoying.  I use lights out mode all the time, but now I cant use it anytime I have a secondary monitor attached.  Can a setting for this please be added in a future update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm experiencing the same issue with a similar configuration. Even if I turn off Show for Secondary Monitor, Lightroom still darkens that screen, with nothing displayed. No way to make it darken the primary monitor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines