• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ligthroom Classic Catalogue

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to load my catalog from my backup drive but I get this error. How to I fix this folder permission?

Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 9.08.56 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Catalina or later, run the OS "security and privacy" tool and make sure all the options for Lightroom are turned on.

Using Finder, check the permissions on that folder and its parent to verify that your user account has READ and WRITE privs to that folder and its parent.

If the catalog is in a ZIP file, you must first unzip the catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, ignore the above advice. That is not correct. You are trying to open the backup catalog directly from the Time Machine backup disk. That is not possible, because Lightroom does not have permissions to do that and should not have permissions to do that. What you must do is use Time Machine to restore the catalog to its default location. If you do not know how to use Time Machine to restore a file from a backup: https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/restore-files-mh11422/mac

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines