• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ligthroom classic vs Lightroom

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm fairly new to editing software and I intially downloaded Lightroom (desktop and mobile), but I'm reading the book by Tony Northrup which he is talking about lightroom classic.  Do they have the same capabilities, same thing just different name, or is one better than the other?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are major differences. Lightroom stores your photos in "the cloud" and allows sharing from "the cloud" to any device. Lightroom Classic stores your photos on your computer or attached hard drive or attached network drive; offers less flexible cloud sharing. There are also feature differences.

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom-classic/lightroom-cc-vs-lightroom-classic.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the features distinct enough to have both or 1 over the other for an amateur?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't answer that. Only you know what features you need and will use. If you need the features from both programs, then use both programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines