• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ligtroom automatically cropping RAW fils

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dear, any one can halp me with the isue, my Lightroom automaticaly croping imported fils, and I am do not know what to do because after croping the file, from picture mising lot of details.

I looked on my old row fils they downloading okay, but the fils what I am trying import now are automaticaly croping. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

RE: Cropped photos- My understanding is this-

Lightroom will consider the Crop Ratio that is set in the Camera (recorded in file metadata) and display a photo with that crop. For example, if the camera is set to 1:1 (square) crop, it will be displayed in Lightroom also as 1:1, but the full sensor data (of the raw file) can be reset in the Develop Crop Tool.

If you images are Importing with a crop applied it is a camera setting.

You should not need to use the Crop tool to 'Reset' all your raw ima

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Row file are automaticaly converted in to DNG files, and i can't understand why.

2020-09-09_20-49-58.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Cropping RAW files"-  Most likely you have set a format ratio in the Camera Menu setup. Check your camera options.

"converted in to DNG" - So you have the [Copy as DNG] option set in the Import dialog. Use the [Copy] option instead.

ScreenShot019.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No not realy, looks i foundet the problem and it was in the croping tool for some reason it was changed, now i am chosed the original fil and I can see my picture in fully:2020-09-09_21-12-39.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RE: Cropped photos- My understanding is this-

Lightroom will consider the Crop Ratio that is set in the Camera (recorded in file metadata) and display a photo with that crop. For example, if the camera is set to 1:1 (square) crop, it will be displayed in Lightroom also as 1:1, but the full sensor data (of the raw file) can be reset in the Develop Crop Tool.

If you images are Importing with a crop applied it is a camera setting.

You should not need to use the Crop tool to 'Reset' all your raw image files to 'full frame' if the camera is set to 'full frame'.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But than you for your help WobertC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes you are right, I am changed my camera settings. And they was for Fujifilm 16:9 Normal+RAF. 

Then Lightroom C. automatically started change my RAW file in to this size image. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Top one, you are either applying a preset on import or have defined a default for your camera. Check your import panel for presets. Also reset the camera defaults in Lightroom preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank's but I am ready fixed my problem. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines