• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link between latest LR version (b. 1193777) and PS v20.01 does not work with CNTR E

Contributor ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Just got two update for both LR and PS tonight but experience CNTR E for going from LR classic to PS does not work any more. When using CNTR E PS opens but all functions stay blocked (all menu functions are gray and disabled). When going to PS via the menu in LR (Photo/Edit picture in adobe PS CC 2019) does go OK still. In short CNTR E got one-way-or-another handicapped by the update

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Command-E works here on MacOs 10.13.6 and Lr 8.0.   I got an update to Photoshop today but NOT Lightroom.  My versions are the Same and yours except it says V20.0.1 for Photoshop.   It works whether PS is open or not.  Must be a Windows thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Windows 10 actually. CNTR E does not work any more and after trying CNTR E going to PS via menu does not work either. After restarting LR edit in PS works again via the LR menu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PS 20.0.1 also but get the impression PS does not update fully correct. See two versions in the menu now ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall the older, reinstall the newer

Incidentally, when you go to /edit in/Photoshop, is Photoshop available that way? If not, defiantly reinstall PS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can Uninstall the OLD one by clicking the down arrow next to OPENEN and selecting MANAGE and UNINSTALL.   The last two are the English wording!!!   If it still doesn't work after a computer restart I would uninstall and reinstall the new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem lies in v2019 (20.0.1) of PS CC. I went back to 20.0 and the problem was gone, even with 19.1.7. still there. After deleting 19.1.7 and reinstalling 20.0.1. the problem was back again, and even did not go away anymore after restarting LR and PS. I will work with 20.0 untill the bug is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Known issue, workaround is to start PS before sending an image to it from LR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting PS before linking to LR is an option, but then it will neither link back automatically then to LR after editing in PS. Better use the old version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works on my copies. in this case editing a TIFF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. The workaround mentioned in this post, starting PS first, works, but this problem really needs to be fixed. I wasted about 4 hours troubleshooting this problem before I saw the workaround in this thread.

Thanks to louisd79464044 for the help, I really appreciate it.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best option is to go back to PS version 20.00! (awaiting a repair from adobe)

Keeping to v 20.01 did go from described to worse. Also via the menu, and going back to LR caused eventually problems, and even crashed in my case (Windows 10; 64 bits).

Louis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue and agree that you can open Photoshop first and then the LR edit "open in" opens in this PS instance. If I revert to the 19.1.7 version then this issue disappears. I can also make Paint my external editor and then that is one less app I need from Adobe and the issue also disappears. There are suitable substitutes. Photography Life compares Lightroom to Capture One and decides Capture One is the better editing program. So I can go to Capture One and won't need Adobe at all. So Adobe needs to fix this NOW and issue another update that works. They seem to be dragging their feet!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Jack II. I posted the problem on November 23 and one month later there is no fix for it.

Adobe should address ASAP.

Thanks,

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has been corrected with the Photoshop Update released yesterday (1-16-19). Thank you very much Adobe, much appreciated.

Bill Byrnes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks adobe team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines