Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Local adjustments with brush don't work

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with Lightroom 9.4.

When usingi the adjustment brush I can see the maks in the picture. 

But when applying the changes they affect the picture as a whole, not the selected area.

I don´t have this problem with any other tools.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks fo rany help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Quite often this happens because the local adjustments panel is collapsed down (compact). There's a little triangular icon to toggle that. In collapsed mode you can only see local adjustment presets, an Amount slider and a few brush controls, but not the full interface. Just below this you will still see the full Basic panel, which remains active, and it is easy to mistake those Basic (global) adjustment sliders, for the (local) adjustment sliders which you will see when the local panel is in it

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite often this happens because the local adjustments panel is collapsed down (compact). There's a little triangular icon to toggle that. In collapsed mode you can only see local adjustment presets, an Amount slider and a few brush controls, but not the full interface. Just below this you will still see the full Basic panel, which remains active, and it is easy to mistake those Basic (global) adjustment sliders, for the (local) adjustment sliders which you will see when the local panel is in its expanded mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much, Richard. That helped! I´m a newbie to LR, changing from PS.. takes a little time to get my head round.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines