Locating missing (hundreds of) folders

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have run Lightroom until recently on an iMac which crashed and burned but I was able to backup before this happened using Time Machine. All of the photos were stored on a NAS so nothing was lost and I have been able to borrow a MacBook and copy my catalogue and associated folders to a new Windows PC. When I load the catalogue I have thousands of photos across about 800 folders missing because of the different naming conventions between MacOS and Windows however I am able to locate them easily using Find All Missing Photos and Find Missing Folder but only one at a time. If I then attempt to Find All Missing Photos again nothing shows up until I restart Lightroom and the list of missing photos is visible from where I can Find Missing Folder - a very tedious process indeed!

Is there any way I can do this in batch or am I missing something causing me to restart Lightroom every time I Find All Missing Photos?

TOPICS
How to, Mac, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Locating missing (hundreds of) folders

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have run Lightroom until recently on an iMac which crashed and burned but I was able to backup before this happened using Time Machine. All of the photos were stored on a NAS so nothing was lost and I have been able to borrow a MacBook and copy my catalogue and associated folders to a new Windows PC. When I load the catalogue I have thousands of photos across about 800 folders missing because of the different naming conventions between MacOS and Windows however I am able to locate them easily using Find All Missing Photos and Find Missing Folder but only one at a time. If I then attempt to Find All Missing Photos again nothing shows up until I restart Lightroom and the list of missing photos is visible from where I can Find Missing Folder - a very tedious process indeed!

Is there any way I can do this in batch or am I missing something causing me to restart Lightroom every time I Find All Missing Photos?

TOPICS
How to, Mac, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 18, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Figure 4 and associated text of this document http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for the directions - I'd had a previous disaster restoring multiple folders however all is well and everything back where it should be. You have saved me hours and hours of trouble.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2020 0