Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Locked the crop ratio

Engaged ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I crop the images by 2 x 3 most of time and I have to click and click.

I tried many way to LOCK but need advice PLEASE.

Thank you for reading,

James

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

When you activate the crop tool it will always be defaulted to the crop ratio of the image. If you are shooting 4:3 ratio you will always have to change it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you activate the crop tool it will always be defaulted to the crop ratio of the image. If you are shooting 4:3 ratio you will always have to change it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. I should have mentioned that the Idea behind a locked crop ratio is that you can lock the crop tool so that it will always crop in that ratio. If you unlock the crop tool  then you can freely crop the image to any dimension that you want.  Some people confuse locking the crop ratio with having a default crop ratio. That isn't how it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but it should not be that way! It's not an unreasonable request to set a default for this tool!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would request a feature update at https://feedback.photoshop.com if you feel strongly that you should be able to set a default different from the native aspect ratio of the file as it came in. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have replied to a 3 year old conversation. 

The LrC crop tool does have a locked default crop ratio. It is the ratio of the image you have displayed in the Develop module that you are working on.

Why would you want to Lock in some random, Specific, crop ratio for all images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines