• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Locking Copyright Information

Engaged ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I lock in the information in the copyright section & keep it there permanently? For me it doesn't change, I use author & copyrighted name only no other exif data. Every time I edit a group of photos I have to keep going into the section to re-enter it. Thanks...Jerry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

I suggest to create a Metadata preset and apply this preset during the import. This way the Metadata will be present anytime except you delete it manually or exclude it during the export.

How to Create and Use a Metadata Preset in Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest to create a Metadata preset and apply this preset during the import. This way the Metadata will be present anytime except you delete it manually or exclude it during the export.

How to Create and Use a Metadata Preset in Lightroom

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advise, much appreciated....Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did as you suggested & that worked however I have another question. When I created the metadata preset I filled out the information in the IPTC Copyright & Creator. Where does all that info get stored? I didn't see it when I right clicked a processed image and went to the properties panel under details, where is it located or stored? My name & © symbol did appear under author & copyright section. As for all the camera settings etc...I didn't want that in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The info is stored in the catalog and/or in the xmp sidecar depending on your setting - it can not be written to the original raw file.

Upon export, you can select which information is written to the exported jpg.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I did that & it did show up, above I mentioned that I right clicked on the processed image, should have said Jpeg. I realize that there are a few selections you can choose under Metadata, all, coypright, camera, etc. No matter which I select it doesn't seem to give me what I put into the IPTC categories. Its fine just the way it is, thanks for the response, I'll play with it more when I have some extra time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're looking at these fields with the Windows Explorer / Properties, not all fields available in a jpg are decoded and shown.

What you see depends heavily on the tool you use to show the metadata.

Here's one tool that shows a lot: ExifToolGUI

There are lot's ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow that's a lot to take in. Sorry for not responding sooner. I do real estate photography & I've been slammed this week, shoots everyday & working till midnight processing. I appreciate what you sent, thanks....Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or apply a copyright in your camera? My Nikon's allow this so it automatically goes into each image file.

Bob Frost

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a thought as well, never looked into that but I will, Thanks....Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines