• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Losing Access to Lightroom perpetual after cancelling the CC subscription

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! I couldn't call support because I no longer have a "paid product" but I need some help with my access to Lightroom Classic software. Back when it was an option, I paid $150 for permanent access to Lightroom and have downloaded it on my computer. After they switched to the subscription model, I had to get Photoshop for work, but during this pandemic, I'm no longer in need of Photoshop so a canceled my subscription. However, I just found out when logging into Lightroom for the first time after canceling that I'm also losing access to that software. Is there any way to solve this issue or will I now have to pay the subscription indefinitely? Thank you so much for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble caused as you cannot access perpetual version of Lightroom anymore after cancelling the subscription you no longer need.

Which version of Lightroom are you using? Is it Lightroom 6? Do you have it installed it on your computer? Are you getting any error message while trying to access the application? If the application launches as a trial or as the Creative Cloud version, follow these steps:

• Launch Lightroom and go to the menu: Help >> Sign Out <your email address>
  • Quit Lightroom
  • Re-launch Lightroom and click the button “Sign In Now”
  • Click the button “License This Software”
  • Enter serial number & click Next
  • Lightroom will launch as Lightroom perpetual
  • Once you have the application licenced, ensure that you have the latest installed: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-legacy-version-updates.html

Let us know how it goes.

Stay safe!

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You don't lose access to Lightroom Classic when the subscription ends. The Map Module and the Develop Module no longer work, the rest of Lightroom Classic works as before, you can still use all other modules.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines