Highlighted

Losing images from Lightroom

Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folks,

As you can imagine, this is serious stuff. I was deleting images from Picasa (have a lot of old images there) when I got a message 

of some data disruption that I could not interpret. I took a screen shot but it was not available when I went to send it. I checked around and the only disruption I could find was that all my LR ikmages were gone. Fortunately I did not have any crucial images there since I am relatively new to LR and PS and had already processed those of interest. But how does this happen. Why a selective loss of LR? Has anyone else suffered this problem? Any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Losing images from Lightroom

Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folks,

As you can imagine, this is serious stuff. I was deleting images from Picasa (have a lot of old images there) when I got a message 

of some data disruption that I could not interpret. I took a screen shot but it was not available when I went to send it. I checked around and the only disruption I could find was that all my LR ikmages were gone. Fortunately I did not have any crucial images there since I am relatively new to LR and PS and had already processed those of interest. But how does this happen. Why a selective loss of LR? Has anyone else suffered this problem? Any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 23, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom or Lightroom Classic? What version number? 

What do you mean when you say all your images are gone? Describe in detail. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mr. / Ms. Paige,

Nuttin nowhere. All folders empty and collections. Every possible site says 0 images.

Scary.

Sounds like I have to go to my hard drive to reclaim them?

Richard

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dj_paige,

I am afraid I didn't answer your questions. I have LR Classic, version 9.4 on subscription.

As I mentioned, there is nothing in any folder. It is just like I have just acquired LR with nothing in its database. I certainly did not engineer this and was not even in LR when it happened. I have a feeling that I should have paid a lot more attention to some message about my data that appeared while I was doing something else but what could that have been to have selectively deleted my Library?

Fortunately, the images had already been culled and were of no further use but that is hardly comforting since it could happen again unless I find out why it happened this time.

Thanks for the interest. If I solve this I will post the denoument.

Richard 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remember, the photos are not actually stored in the lightroom catalog

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see: http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly your original post and your reply to dj_paige makes little to no sense.

You were asked Which Version of Lr. Lr Classic or Lr the Cloud based version.

Then you say something aboiut Picasa and deleting in=mages from that.

LrC does not selectively delete images at any time. The only time images get deleted from LrC is with User Input.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JSM,

You are correct that I overlooked the first sentence. I was eager to describe the problem and 

blanked on the other line.

I have no idea what input I made to cause this. I wasn't even in LR when it happened.

Richard

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 0