Highlighted

Lost all my photos while dragging them in lightroom CC

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, I was dragging some photos into the "All Sync Photo" to sync them to the mobile app, as I've done often. I decided to drag all my 2020 folder photos in one move to sync them all (above 300)....big surprise, they all disappeared from my disk drive and also from the cloud, no message nothing. I spent close to 2 hours with Adobe support...but no one understand what happened...I am very desperate that I lost 6 months of photos...Anyone can help...

Thanks

Topics

Problem or error, Sync, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lost all my photos while dragging them in lightroom CC

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, I was dragging some photos into the "All Sync Photo" to sync them to the mobile app, as I've done often. I decided to drag all my 2020 folder photos in one move to sync them all (above 300)....big surprise, they all disappeared from my disk drive and also from the cloud, no message nothing. I spent close to 2 hours with Adobe support...but no one understand what happened...I am very desperate that I lost 6 months of photos...Anyone can help...

Thanks

Topics

Problem or error, Sync, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

This is the Lightroom Classic forum which is a user to user forum and the responses you receive here will be from users like yourself. To be able to provide clear and prompt responses we need to have sufficient information about ht problem you are experiencing. See the screen capture for more info.

If necessary you may need to post the info of your problem in the Lightroom (cloud-based) forum not the Lightroom Classic forum.

Screenshot 2020-05-02 at 9.23.11 AM copy.png

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.6: LrC 9.4, Lr 3.4.1, Ps 21.2.3, Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what happened.

But AFAIK the All Synced Photos entry in the Catalog section of the left hand side panel is NOT for Dragging and Dropping inages into to Sync them with the LR Web and Mobile system.

In LR Classic you have to place images you want to sync up with the Web and Mobile systems in a Collection (or Collections) and then SYNC that (Those) Collections.

So first what exact version of LR are you using?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR Classic v9.2.1

I understand that it may not be the way to sync, but the pictures should not disappeared and deleted for my disc without asking.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But you do have backups of all your photos and your catalog file, don't you?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do, since I am using LR for a long time, but no back up for my latest pictures taken with my Canon. Hopefully, the one taken with my IPhone or GoPro were in the apple cloud. I thouht I was protected with creative cloud but realized that I wasn't. Very frustated when paying for 2TG of space. Was not expecting my pictures would be deleted without asking permission to!

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to recuperate picture by opening another catalog that show the pictures but It says "missing picture" or when using my IPad (stop syncing), I see all the pictures but can not save them anywhere?

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"All Synced Photos entry in the Catalog section of the left hand side panel is NOT for Dragging and Dropping inages into to Sync them with the LR Web and Mobile system."

The ability to drag & drop image files into the 'All Synced Photographs' entry in the Catalog panel was added in LR 6.7.

http://www.computer-darkroom.com/blog/2016/09/20/lightroom-cc-2015-7-and-lightroom-6-7-are-now-avail...

For staters I suggest checking the 'All Photos' and 'Deleted' folders at lightroom.adobe.com/. If in the Deleted folder you can undelete them. If not there I suggest searching all drives attached to your system for one of the missing image files using Windows File Explorer or Mac Finder.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Todd, they were deleted when I moved them. I was able to find them in the "Deleted" folder. Strange that by moving them they ended up deleted!

Thanks again.

Luc

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote "The ability to drag & drop image files into the 'All Synced Photographs' entry in the Catalog panel was added in LR 6.7."

Todd, I was not previously aware of this feature. So just for clarification, if a file is selected from a folder in the Library Module and moved via drag, to 'All Synced Photographs' what happens?
Is the original file moved from the folder on your HDD to your Adobe Cloud Storage and available for being assigned to an Album in Lightroom Mobile?

If  so this could be a useful feature.

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.6: LrC 9.4, Lr 3.4.1, Ps 21.2.3, Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Actually, I've done it several times before that one and it worked. I bring RAW photos from my Canon to LR Classice then drag the files to "'All Synced Photographs' and they were sync to the cloud while remaining on my HDD. Except when I tried to move a lots of photos, they all disappeared!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines