Lost Capture date when imported Photoshop Elements catalog

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 catalog into Lightroom Classic.   It didn't bring in the camera info but brought the Keywords from Elements.  I  saved the Metadata to file than than read Metadata from file.  I got all the Camera Info and Keywords but some how I have lost the Capture date and time on all my photos.  It shows the imported date as capture date.   The date and time info is still in the Elements catalog but is not in the jpg file itself.  Can I export the the Created date from Elements and bring into Lightroom? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lost Capture date when imported Photoshop Elements catalog

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 catalog into Lightroom Classic.   It didn't bring in the camera info but brought the Keywords from Elements.  I  saved the Metadata to file than than read Metadata from file.  I got all the Camera Info and Keywords but some how I have lost the Capture date and time on all my photos.  It shows the imported date as capture date.   The date and time info is still in the Elements catalog but is not in the jpg file itself.  Can I export the the Created date from Elements and bring into Lightroom? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 26, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been ten years since I migrated from PSE 8 to LR. But I remember having lots of issues (bugs) with the catalog conversion, with dates and keywords in particular.

I vaguely recall that doing the PSE File > Write Keyword Tag and Properties Info command on all your photos would allow more dates and keywords to be imported correctly when you imported the PSE catalog into LR.

You can see my notes on converting PSE 8 to LR 3 here -- they might be helpful:

https://johnrellis.com/psedbtool/photoshop-elements-faq.htm#_Converting_to_Lightroom 

In particular, see the note about using "psedbtool":

"Run psedbtool -writeMetadata -qualifiedKeywords to write metadata correctly from your PSE catalog to your files before you convert the catalog to LR. (Psedbtool doesn’t work with PSE 9.)"

I've haven't tried running "psedbtool" for ten years, but there's a very good chance it will still run on Windows 10 (backward compatibility is a big advantage and a big curse of Windows compared to Mac). I might be able to answer questions about it, but I can't provide any real support.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, 

I did manage to bring all keywords into lightroom.  I replace all the files with a backup I had.  Now I have correct capature date when  look at Lightroom Metadata. 

I still having issue that the filter does not recognize the capture date.  Filter indicates no date associated with all files also even though I see the date in Lightroom Metadata.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 05, 2020 0