• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost Collection images

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lost all my images in my Lightroom collection.  When I click on a blank "image" I get the following info - but no image. Evey blank image comes up with its own accurate info on date, time, title, etc.- but no photo. Below is an example. All my Catalog images are fine.  I have a Mac if that helps.  All suggestions are appreciated!

Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 12.36.29 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using MacOS Catalina or Big Sur, then check that Lightroom has the necessary permissions:

4978F5DC-4304-4137-A387-AB9A4F3333D8.png
If that isn't the problem, then check if it helps to turn off GPU acceleration in Preferences - Performance.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johan - I want to apologize for not getting back to you sooner for your suggestion on how to correct my dilemna.  I had a heck of a time trying to download Catalina (I had the os Mojave), and finally had success.  I tried both your suggestions, and alas, neither worked.  But again, thank you for your time and effort.  I'll keep Googling in the hopes I find a solution to my issue.  If I do find success, I'll let you know what worked!

Cheers,

Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this in the Library module (so when you zoom into one image)? If so, your previews may be corrupted. Open the Lightroom catalog folder (should be inside your Pictures folder if you didn't change that yourself) and remove the 'Catalogname Previews.lrdata' package. Trash it, of move it to a temporary location. Then start Lightroom. Initially you should see no previews at all, but then Lightroom starts to rebuild the previews and you should see them appear one by one.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines