Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost edited photos in Lightroom Classic CC 2020

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm a Photography-teacher and one of my students lost her edited photos in Lightroom when she updated her catalogue from 2019 to the 2020-version.

Can somebody help me with this problem. I have heard that updating could give problems with catalogues. But how can you fix the problem?

Best regards,

Vincent Teughels

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually, this happens because the wrong catalog file gets (accidentally) converted. SO if you have a catalog with photos from 2000 to 2019, and you accidentally convert an earlier catalog file that only has photos from 2000 to 2017, this is what happens.

You need to search all of your hard disks — using your operating system's search feature — for filese whose name ends with .LRCAT and then try opening each in the new version of Lightroom until you find the catalog file that shows the desired photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Catalog files for Lightroom are LR version-specific.

When the student goes to open any previous LR Catalog file now, if it is not the current version, the software will request a conversion to the format to match the current version of LR you are using.

Once you have located the current version Catalog file, you can convert any others and then I would suggest consolidating them (importing into) one master Catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines