• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost files and catalog

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I upgraded recently to LR 10. The raw photo files I've been working on live on a sever, the LR catalog must be local to the machine you're on. I had the catalog on my laptop, the files read in LR just fine, edited them all how I wanted and then MOVED the catalog back to the server. I checked it after the transfer completed and it was there. That was on 12/8/2020 at around 8pm. I went today to reopen the catalog to export the files and not only is the catalog gone, so are all the files. The folders are there,  it every single digital raw file is gone. My husband is techy and checked all the things, the server isn't corrupt, there's no errors on the drive. Any thoughts? I'm on hold with LR tech support now....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems that you would need to talk to whoever manages the network. I don't understand why you moved the catalog to the server. It wouldn't be possible to even use the catalog to export images with the catalog located on server. The catalog ALWAYS needs to be on the local hard drive in order to be used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's as Jim has advised. You may need to rethink your understanding of the Lightroom Classic Catalog file. See the link below.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-catalogs-top-10-misunderstandings/

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines