Highlighted

Lost keyword

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have moved all my pictures from my compters HD to an external, now I have lost all Book, the keywords are lost from every pictures, (strange that some, very few still have keywords) is there som file somewhere that I should place at the external HD-drive?

TOPICS
Import and export, Mac, Presets or profiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lost keyword

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have moved all my pictures from my compters HD to an external, now I have lost all Book, the keywords are lost from every pictures, (strange that some, very few still have keywords) is there som file somewhere that I should place at the external HD-drive?

TOPICS
Import and export, Mac, Presets or profiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you move your images?

All the things you say are lost are stored in thew Catalog file. So maybe you opened the wrong catalog?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving photos in your operating system causes the catalog to lose track of the location of the photos, and the photos should have an exclamation point icon on them. If that's what you see, there are simple fixes.

But you shouldn't lose keywords, you shouldn't lose a book, etc. Could you please show us a screen capture of what you see?

I agree with "Just Shoot Me", it sounds like you opened the wrong catalog file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer.
I have not lost the pictures, I moved (copied) to an external HD then I IMPORTED them to Lightroom again, 
then even copied some as i suppose, is neccessery files. Look at the attached files. It also seems like the TIFF-files still has the keyword but not the rawfiles.

Skärmavbild 2020-09-26 kl. 15.35.41.pngSkärmavbild 2020-09-26 kl. 15.36.50.pngSkärmavbild 2020-09-26 kl. 15.40.06.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2020 0
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And there is your Problem. You IMPORTED THEM AGAIN. Which means you LOST all the data, Edits, Whatever, including keywords, of the files because LrC is seeing them as NEW Image Files. 

Never Reimport images.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will see if I can find the libraries from the backup and just put them at the external HD. 
Thanks a lot for your help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2020 0
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your original catalog the images, folders and files, you moved should of shown up as Missing. Question mark on folders and possibly drive letters/names and a Exclamation mark on the image thumbnails. After you moved those folders and file outside of LrC you needed to Find missing Folder and or Files and Not Reimported them.

Sorry to say this but your problem starts with you not really knowing what LrC is, how it works and how to properly work with LrC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2020 0