Highlighted

Lost last nights edits...upset

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the deal.
I specifically backed up and shut down Lightroom just so this would not happen... but it did anyway for the first time ever. Upon restart, all of last night’s edits became over exposed and all of the editing I did was lost. I restarted light room -without- backing up (in case it backed up the overexposure) 5 times to no avail. I re calibrated my monitor 3 times and still the same result. This has never happened before and to my knowledge no settings were adjusted. Funny thing is, every photo shoot prior to my last in lightroom, every edit is saved. But every edit from last night became a disaster today. What setting or thing needs to be done for this to not happen, furthermore, what is causing this randomly?????

I searched the forum and found several "answers" but none every seem to hit this on the head. Sorry for being brash but I don't have time for this.

- Side Note Feature request: when performing with the adjustment tool, I have around 400 of said tools. The only way to go through them is by clicking a down arrow instead of folders or even scrolling with my mouse down through them. I have to click. Request that a scroll bar or similar (better) way to navigate through them can be instituted for speed and efficiency. -

TOPICS
Feature request, How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lost last nights edits...upset

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the deal.
I specifically backed up and shut down Lightroom just so this would not happen... but it did anyway for the first time ever. Upon restart, all of last night’s edits became over exposed and all of the editing I did was lost. I restarted light room -without- backing up (in case it backed up the overexposure) 5 times to no avail. I re calibrated my monitor 3 times and still the same result. This has never happened before and to my knowledge no settings were adjusted. Funny thing is, every photo shoot prior to my last in lightroom, every edit is saved. But every edit from last night became a disaster today. What setting or thing needs to be done for this to not happen, furthermore, what is causing this randomly?????

I searched the forum and found several "answers" but none every seem to hit this on the head. Sorry for being brash but I don't have time for this.

- Side Note Feature request: when performing with the adjustment tool, I have around 400 of said tools. The only way to go through them is by clicking a down arrow instead of folders or even scrolling with my mouse down through them. I have to click. Request that a scroll bar or similar (better) way to navigate through them can be instituted for speed and efficiency. -

TOPICS
Feature request, How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you go into one of the overexposed images in develop and look at its edit history? You can step back through the last one or two steps and see if that brings back your image. Typically when something what you describe happened a setting got by accident synced over all the images. This can easily happen due to auto-sync being on and multiple images being selected. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a couple thoughts, you said you created a backup, this should have completed prior to the shutdown.

Did you actually witness the shutdown complete successfully? Have you checked in your backup location to see if the backup folder is there? It would display the date and time of the backup.

Welcome to the forum just so you are aware this is a user to user forum and the responses you will normally receive will be from users like yourself.

See the screen capture which provides the type of info need to provide prompt and meaningful responses.

Screenshot 2020-05-02 at 9.23.11 AM copy.png

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.7: LrC 10, Lr 4, Ps 22.0,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0